United Center – Chicago, IL
Biggest and best show of my life! This will never happen again. There will never be another chance to see the Spice Girls live in concert EVER AGAIN! I scored seats in the 2nd ROW of the MAIN FLOOR!!! Some highlights of the night include:
1) Getting Baby Spice (Emma) to wave at me and Dana (my partner in crime for the evening) while she was ten feet in front of us! I got the shot on camera where she was (my Â caught her looking straight at us into my camera…yuppers!
2) Getting to see Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham) smile!!! She looks way happier when she does break down and smile. It happened at least four times during the show, which is quite a lot of smiling for Posh!
3) Getting to see Baby, Scary, Sporty, and Ginger sing solo! Posh did not sing. Naturally, she walked the runway in her very own fashion show.
4) Getting confetti stuck in my hair during the last song of the night. I wanted to take it home and save it to remember the night, but alas, I threw it out…
5) Getting to see the children of Baby, Sporty, Ginger, and Posh Spice. Their kids were brought up on stage to be with their mothers during their song “Mama,” which is personally one of my all-time fav Spice Girls song.
The costumes were AMAZING, as well as the different set designs. Thank GOD the stage was set up the way it was or else the view would not have been that exciting. The main stage was up in the front or course, but there was a runway that ran down to the middle of the arena floor and then there was a smaller version of the main stage there in the middle. I always love it when the stage is set up like that so that the fans in the back get a closer look at the performers.
I LOVED Sporty Spice’s (Melanie C) solo “I Turn To You” which she performed all by herself. It was the first time I had heard that song and now I am in LOVE with it. She was GREAT! I also LOVED Ginger Spice’s (Geri Haliwell) solo rendition of “It’s Raining Men” which she performed with the help of the tour’s entourage of Spice Boyz – the gang of amazingly talented male backup dancers.
I wish I could relive this concert every night of my life. It truly was the opportunity of a lifetime. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world!