House of Blues – Chicago, IL
After going to see Sara Bareilles on opening night of her headlining tour this past Monday in Milwaukee, I got to meet her in Chicago! Thanks to GRAMMY U and The Recording Academy’s Chicago Chapter, I got to attend Sara’s sound check at the House of Blues this past Thursday. Then I got to head on up to The Foundation Room and sit down with the singer/songwriter/pianist and have an intimate Q&A session with her.
Sara played four songs during her sound check for our GRAMMY U group of students from around the Midwest. She even asked us what song we wanted to hear because she would play whatever we requested for us. I was too shy to shout my favorite song of hers, but luckily almost every other girl in our group wanted the same song as me – Bottle It Up – and THEY shouted it out! So Ms. Bareilles kindly obliged and promptly sat down at her piano and told her band that they would do Bottle It Up next. Great minds think alike…
Here are some fun facts about Sara that came straight from the artist herself:
1) She graduated from UCLA, where she studied Communications and Italian.
2) She shares the same manager as her UCLA friends in Maroon 5.
3) She booked herself at Los Angeles’s infamous singer/songwriter venue – Hotel Cafe.
4) She is 28 years old.
5) Her first headlining tour is SOLD OUT!!!
6) Maroon 5 took her on tour with them this past fall and she will hit the road again with them this summer – August 22 is the Chicago date and YOU BETTER BE THERE!