This Saturday, December 13, Bay Area thrash legends TESTAMENT will be taking over the airwaves on MTV2’s Headbangers Ball. Along with their brand-new video for “More Than Meets The Eye,” HBB will also be airing never-before-seen footage from the band’s shoot at Alcatraz in San Francisco. “More Than Meets The Eye” was produced by Kevin Custer (Kingdom of Sorrow, Beneath The Massacre).
Six TESTAMENT art pieces, performances, and videos will be intertwined with all the videos that air on Headbangers Ball, which airs Saturday night at 2AM Eastern / 1AM Central.
Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson recently commented on Headbangersblog. com about their new video: “We haven’t had a new video out for a long time, since ‘Low’ in ’94. Our new video is for ‘More Than Meets the Eye’, and it was created by Kevin Custer who’s worked with Kingdom of Sorrow and Beneath the Massacre among others. It was really fun working with Kevin. He really worked in tandem with the band’s vision and took it to the next level.
“The band went to LA and shot performance footage in front of a green screen, then Kevin turned that footage into mayhem with some “Formation of Damnation” happening in the background. We’re happy with it as our first video. We look forward to doing more videos and getting into a concept. We’re definitely pleased to have this represent us for the first one from the new record.
“The feel of the video is more about unearthing the demons within and the terror that wrath can incite. And as the song progresses, the mayhem takes over – a reflection of what is inside the band and the music we create… More Than Meets the Eye.”
Produced by Kevin J.
Custer of Toaster In The Tub, “More Than Meets The Eye” adds to TESTAMENT’s scorching scene-returning campaign that has included the following highlights:
– participation on the North American Metal Masters summer tour with Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, and Motörhead
– being showcased on MTV’s 52/52 Artist Of The Week
– debuting at 59 on the Billboard Top 200 chart for selling over 11,500 copies of The Formation Of Damnation the first week of release
– clinching the 1 slot on the FMQB and CMJ radio charts for several consecutive weeks
– winning Metal Hammer’s Golden Gods Award for “Best Album of 2008”
– album awarded 1 in Metal Maniacs’ Top 20 of 2008 Critics’ Picks list
– Most played album on metal radio for 2008 (FMQB)