Aaliyah Movie 2010

Aaliyah Movie 2010

Update 7/10/2009: We have an update about the 2010 Aaliyah Movie here!!

Canadian singer Keisha Chante is to play Aaliyah in the upcoming biopic movie that will release sometime next year. A star in the R&B world before she was even out of her teens, Aaliyah’s promising career was tragically cut short by her shocking death in a plane crash at age 22. Aaliyah was on location in the Bahamas to film a video for ”Rock the Boat.” On August 25, she and several members of the crew boarded a small twin-engine Cessna plane returning to the mainland. The plane crashed shortly after takeoff, exploding on impact. Aaliyah and seven other passengers were killed instantly, and the ninth later died at a Nassau hospital. Investigations into the crash showed that the plane had been loaded far past its weight capacity and that pilot Luis Morales had recently been arrested for crack cocaine possession (traces of which, along with alcohol, were found in his system). The charter company, Blackhawk International Airways, had not authorized him to pilot the craft in question. As details continued to emerge from the plane crash investigation, Aaliyah’s parents filed suit against Blackhawk Airways, Virgin Records, and several other companies.

While many fans are hatin’ on Keisha I think the casting director did a great job! I have been looking up various photos of Keisha & Aaliyah and it’s uncanny how similar they look alike. I love Aaliyah & remember exactly where I was & what I was doing when I heard about her untimely death. Personally I can’t wait to see this movie. Aaliyah was truly an inspiration & had much to offer the R&B scene & the big screen.

Comments

1. Charms says:

when is the date that this movie coming out because i love aaliyah and everything that she stood for

2. marquita says:

I LOVE AALIYAH SO MUCH SHES MY IDOL I HOPE IT COME OUT HERE

3. smithantaria says:

i love her she is like a sister to me i love her mouse lk

4. i miss my favorite sang and its nunthing that nobody can do about me and her and every night cry in my dream think about aaliyah die man im cry right now and im sick everybody that dont get alone with me and her man im sweet just like her and all im said is i miss her

5. aaron says:

i will be supa happy cuz she is and will always be the greatest singer ever

6. elena says:

I think keisha will do a great job but Aaliyah was truely One in a Million and i can’t wait to see it!!!!

7. tj says:

AALIYAH SO FINEMAN…..THE MOVIE GO BE SAD WHEN THEY SHOW WHEN SHE DIE

8. aj says:

There is NO movie people….it goes against Aaliyah’s wishes and her family’s wishes…if it was to come out it would have years ago.

9. Punkin says:

i Love aaliyaj so much i mean hey i got every google picture on mah ipod touch

10. Punkin says:

to tell u dha truth she dont look nun like det girl

11. nana says:

WE MISS U AND WE LOVE U

12. Kaycee says:

Yeah there is no movie it is all made up. I Love Aaliyah as Much as The Next Person but There is no Aaliyah Movie in production it’s all fake Chante and everyone it’s all make believe each up date says “Coming Out next Year” no it’s not Just a DVD of All her Music Videos and all her CD’s Being Re-releases and a Speacial 10th Anniverisy CD And DVD Pack Thats all sorry to burst most of y’alls Bubbles :D

13. S says:

Keisha Chante is a good choice. Lisa Tucker would be a good choice as well. I was impressed with her on ‘The Game’. She put me in the mind of Aaliyah.

14. S says:

Keisha Chante is a good choice. Lisa Tucker is a good choice too. I was impressed with her on ‘The Game’ and she put me in the mind of Aaliyah. She sings and has the build of Aaliyah. This is pretty moot though, as Keisha has the role.

15. Myles says:

If it’s a lie then why is info of it on wikipedia and the insider. Biopics are becoming popular now so there’s no reason not to have an Aaliyah movie so she can get her final curtain call.

16. dd says:

well we don’t know Keisha so we cant judge her she might do at least they are doing something for Aaliyah its seems like people just forgot about her! 2 years after she died ! im not saying constantly think about her but at least keep her legacy alive on January 26 is her b-day play her videos on august is the day she died do something for it! she has 3 or 4 Cd’s she has done a lot and before she died she has been out for like 6 years when she died and did 2 movies and was one of the lead characters in them she has done a lot CELEBRATE IT!

17. dd says:

well we don’t know Keisha so we cant judge her she might do at least they are doing something for Aaliyah its seems like people just forgot about her! 2 years after she died ! im not saying constantly think about her but at least keep her legacy alive on January 16 is her b-day play her videos on august 25 is the day she died do something for it! she has 3 or 4 Cd’s she has done a lot, and before she died she has been out for like 6 years when she died and did 2 movies and was one of the lead characters in them she has done a lot CELEBRATE IT!

18. Myles says:

I heard the movie is coming out in 2011(ten years since she died)

19. Pleased to hear this. Aaliyah was amazing. A person I both respect and will never forget. It’s a shame what happened to her. The popart painting I bought of her is stunning and will be kept forever!

20. Hania says:

I heard dat it’s comin out on January 2011 or August 2011 on her 10 year death anniversary. We all want to know when or IF it’s comin out. We just have to wait. I think if it’s not going to come out after 2012, then there is NO Aaliyah Movie and it was all just a rumor. I’m not saying that and I LOVE AALIYAH and I pray that there is gonna be a movie all I’m saying is We don’t know IF there’s a movie. All I’m saying is wait and if it doesn’t come out after 2012 there is NO Aaliyah movie.

21. erica says:

i’m ready for the aaliyah movie to come out!!! r.i.p aaliyah!! we miss you!

22. alisha says:

I thnk if they had a different pic of Keisha that actually looked close, we might believe she looked all like our beautiful Aaliyah. I wish Aaliyah really had a twin who could play her in the movie.

23. faye says:

I did find one good pic of keisha and she does slightly resemble her…but i think Michelle Williams (destiny’s child) favors aaliyah more. Just a thought

24. hazel anne says:

I THINK THAT SHE WOULD BE A GREAT PERSON TO PLAY THE BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT AALIYAH. ALTHOUGH I WAS ONLY 11 WHEN SHE PSSED I HAD AND ALWAYS WILL PLAY AND LISTEN TO HER WONDERFUL SONGS SO HAPPY THEIR IS GOING TO BE A MOVIE ABOUT HER

25. janet neal says:

I just want to know when the movie is coming out i have a friend that looks just like Aaliyah she could pass for her sister she would be great for the job and she is in acting school she said that i am carzy when u see her you will see what i am talking about. keisha looks a little like Aaliyah but u need to get back at me janet from chicago my girl is the one.

26. star says:

This girl does resemble her,I dont think there is anybody that looks just like her,but I’m sure they might resemble her that’s all.Anyway,we should just give Keisha a chance first,she might do a good job!.We all miss Aaliyah soooo much,I know i am going to break down when I see this movie.

RIP BABYGIRL

27. constance craig says:

I say Lisa Tucker would do a great job, because she looks so much like Aaliyah, has the same body build, very similar voice. I dont know if she can dance like Aaliyah, but I believe she could do it. I dont know the other young lady and not saying she couldnt do a great job, but Ive always thought Lisa was it.

28. Fuck bitches get money says:

There not gonna make an Aaliyah movie cause the family is not satisfied making the movie when the times right then it will be but for now it’s not the familys decision. Rip baby girl the queen of R n B Aaliyah I love u and miss u I can’t wait till I see her in heaven :)

29. aaliyah says:

i never really meeted aaliyah but iam named after her and i listened to her music and i loved it

30. truth da kidd says:

i really hope there is an Aaliyah movie, she was my favorite singer & the one i liked to call my future wife. i still have poster size pictures of her in my room & all her cds. i would understand if her family isn’t ready for it to come out, but i do wish that it does. i love you Aaliyah, rest in peace Baby Girl.

31. aalaziea says:

i luv aaliyah she iz an insperation when i take of mii glasess dey say i look lyke hur i wuz a baby when are u dat sumbody came out i miss hur rip aaliyah dana hough

32. aaliyahs real blood cousin says:

I think u all should just wait and see if her life story is coming out. im sick and tired of all u ppl saying so and so looks like aaliyah. nobody looks like her except for me ( her cousin). i really do appreciate it that u guys will never forget her but she is here with us all in spirit. please do not forget her. keep her in ur hearts and me, my aunt diane, uncle michael, rashad and the rest of our family really hope u keep her music alive no matter if she is here with us or shes not with us anymore. we all miss and love our angel. r.i.p. babygirl, lili. – ur family, the haughtons

33. aaliyahs real blood cousin says:

Please for the sake of my family… quit making up rumors about her coz i read all these things that ppl think they know about her and i get mad coz most of them are all lies. if u want to know anything bout my cousin aaliyah dana haughton then just ask me or email me…

34. Shawn says:

Thats what michael jackson’s family said that they werent ready to come out w/ a movie but it happen and it was a success and The aaliyah movie is happening to be released january 16 2011 Im definitely going to see it opening night…Can’t wait. R.I.P Baby GIRL

35. trina says:

shit y aint noone tell me i think nicki minaj should play her

36. aaliyah i love u so much r.i.p ur biggest fan tanisha raychelle meadows