I love Twitter. If you don’t know what Twitter is it’s a social messaging system where you can stalk track your friends online. You can read what they are doing, where they are going, and quite frankly sometimes you hear more information than you really want to digest. On the other hand, some of the biggest media guru’s are using as a huge news tool and others are using for PR.
I received an email from Cyber PR about a pitch contest for musicians. It’s interesting to say the least. It’s the elevator pitch for musicians. The information is below.
Cyber PR has launched a Twitter Pitch Contest where musicians submit, via Twitter, 140 characters or less their perfect pitch about their band. Winner will be announced in Austin at SXSW on Saturday March 21,2009. Additional prizes and rules for the contest can be read below and full details at: http://cyberpr.squarespace.com
The winning pitch will receive:
1) A 3-month CYBER PR campaign
2) Exposure across all of Cyber PR online network that reaches over 10,000 people in the music industry.
3) Four Months of Bandletter – We will design and send your newsletter out
4) Ariel’s Book: Music Success in Nine Weeks: A Step By Step Guide To Supercharging Your PR, Building Your Fan Base and Earning More Money
5) Membership to my online Mastermind Forum which will support you every step of the way
6) Ariel’s Musicians Web 2.0 Bootcamp – a 4 hour audio course that will launch your career to a new level
1. Create a Twitter account.
2. Follow “cyberpr” .
3. After we Follow you back, send your pitch via direct message.
4. You will get a confirmation from us via Twitter that we have received your pitch.
Our panel of judges will pick a winner by March 21, 2009.
PANEL OF JUDGES:
Laura Allen, 15 Second Pitch
Anthony Volodkin, The Hype Machine
Adam Varga, Musebin
David Rose, Know the Music Biz
Chuck Creekmur, All Hip Hop.com