Keri Hilson Turns Us On With Her ‘Energy’

Keri Hilson
Sears Centre Arena-Hoffman Estates, IL
April 10, 2009

Keri Hilson Sears Centre Arena

Keri Hilson is by far my new favorite artist. I cannot believe I am just now calling myself a fan. This girl has been around for years! Where the heck have I been? Last Friday night was the first time I saw Keri Hilson live in concert. Besides having the opportunity to photograph her set, I was also granted an interview with Keri after her show. As I was doing my research learning about the singer’s history before meeting her, I discovered that she has quite a track record when it comes to penning hits by some of today’s superstars. For those of you who only know Keri Hilson as the performing artist, let me list some of the artists she’s written songs for: Ciara, Toni Braxton, Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, P. Diddy, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Brown, Pussycat Dolls, Danity Kane, Timbaland, and Britney Spears. Not bad, huh?  In addition to doing my homework and studying up on Ms. Keri Hilson before interviewing her, I also listened to every song on her debut album In A Perfect World… before heading to the show. I immediately fell in love with her first single “Energy” and then her yet to be released next single “Knock You Down.” The latter features both Kanye West and Ne-Yo. Of course everyone who isn’t living under a rock has heard Hilson’s current single and massive radio hit “Turnin Me On” featuring the king of all guest appearances: Lil Wayne. Honestly though, what song isn’t Lil Wayne featured on nowadays? In addition to the three tracks from In A Perfect World… aforementioned, I highly recommend you take a listen to “Return The Favor.” This song was Keri’s second single and features the man who took her from a behind-the-scenes songwriter to an in-the-spotlight performer: Timbaland. FYI: I did end up buying those four tracks on iTunes before heading to the “I Am Music” tour to see Keri…gotta support my girl! Check out more photos of “Miss Keri Baby” after the jump and look for the interview in the coming weeks!

More photos of Keri Hilson:

Comments

1. Jamie says:

looks like a very cool show! what on earth does it say across her butt?

2. Anya says:

Ive never heard of her before, but it for sure sounds like a good show. Very nice pictures too.

3. Sarah says:

Love the photos! I will say though that I don’t know anyone who would look good in those pants….but she definitely does!

4. Lisa Lionheart says:

5. Lisa Lionheart says:

I can’t believe she wrote songs for all of those artists! Why isn’t she more famous!? These pictures are so crisp. They’re so clear and I bet she barely stopped shaking her booty the whole time you were taking them. For some reason the red gloves and jacket remind me of old school Michael Jackson haha.

6. Anita says:

Wish i was at this concert!!! Everything i read about her is always great. Can’t wait for the next review.

7. ebony says:

I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH!!! I’M GLAD YOU GOT TO INTERVIEW HER..SUPER JEALOUS!!! BUT I’LL SEE HER ON MAY 15TH!!

8. Tara Jenkins says:

Great shots–what is she in front of?? It looks like weird wrinkled bed sheets!! lol

It’s amazing she’s written for all those artists and I’d never even heard of her before! Now I’m off to youtube…

9. WOW….Mrs. Keri BABY!!!

Great Job Jen.

10. Michelle says:

ms. keri baby… i love you. minus your choice of spandex…

11. Michelle says:

To the first response it says Dime Diva. I want to go to one of her concerts soooo bad.